Monday, July 25, 2011

Formal letter (reply to a newspaper)

Dear Sir,

I read your article about traffic, one of the worst problems of a big city.I totally agree with your statements. There is a large number of cars in the streets, and that is indeed a very serious problem which must be solved immediately.

To make matters worse, the traffic lights usually do not work, so there is a complete chaos in the streets. Also, at night, people usually use their car to get to the centre of the city.As a result of the countless cars on the roads, there is air pollution and there is not enough parking space.

In my opinion, there are two important solutions for the problem of traffic; Firstly, every family should have only one car. Another car is not very useful. Secondly, people should use the bicycle more. It is cheaper, small and environmentally friendly.

I think everyone should own a bicycle, and use it, of course! I hope my ideas prove useful.

Yours faithfully,
Minas Papadakis

No comments:

Post a Comment