Monday, January 28, 2013

My favourite piece of art


Which is your favourite piece of art and why you like it?

    One of my favourite pieces of art is the portrait of Mona Lisa by Leonardo da Vinci. It is very famous and the most popular piece of art in the world. The painting is displayed on the Louvre museum and lots of people go to see it. The reason that I like this painting is because it doesn't have a lot of details and the colours are very simple but there is something very impressive on it. Another thing that I like is the expression of Mona Lisa which many artists and scientists have explored. Some people believe she's smiling, some others believe that she's very serious. Also, some people believe that the woman in the picture didn't exist and the portrait is showing a random woman with some characteristics of Da Vinci. No-one knows the truth about the painting and I love the mystery about this brilliant piece of art.

No comments:

Post a Comment